View Single Post
Old 15-06-2007, 18:20   #355
garinda
Give, give, give member

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

I was one of the people who initially crtiticised the couple's decision to leave the children in the apartment, and I stand by the fact that I haven't, and wouldn't, leave children in my care out of sight/earshot. I wouldn't even leave my passport or wallet on the bed in a locked holiday apartment whilst having dinner.

However I certainly wouldn't comment on how someone is supposed to act in this terrible circumstance. We are all different, and I'm sure if the parents sat inside a darkened room screaming and shouting, it wouldn't help them, or their cause of keeping this story in the public domain.

Sixteen years ago I had an eighteen year old cousin who was murdred at home in Bolton-le-Sands, Crimewatch reconstruction, the lot. It was a terrible time, especially for his grieving family. What was the hardest cross to bear wasn't the fact that his family had to be treated as suspects, but the fact that memebers of the public felt able to pass comment on how grief was shown, and that it might be seen as some sort of implication.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote