View Single Post
Old 14-03-2004, 10:31   #21
Len
God Member

Re: What a small world.

Aussie Gobbiner

Great photos.
I remember Lake Heights Rd. We travelled up there every day going to school. I went to Warrawong High, which is on Flagstaff Rd. My best mate lived on Grand view Pde, off Lake Heights Rd. Our family lived on Denise st off North Cliffe Dive, at that time it was opposite the Illawarra Yacht Club.

I haven't heard of a hostel called Karingal or seen any info on it. Can you tell me where was it located? As far as I'm aware there was Berkeley, Unanderra and Fairymeadow.
Our family stayed at Unanderra Hostel.

There used to be a bloke that lived on North Cliffe Drive, Lake heights and his property back up onto the lake. He had a jetty and you could hire canoes/boats from him .His name was Stan Dix? I believe he had published a couple of books about fishing. I don't suppose he will be with us now as he was an old fellow then.
Dave did you ever go prawning in the Lake? We did. We had our own prawning nets and we would wade out into the Lake with our nets and pump up gas lamps. During the right season (full moon) the lake edges would be full of people catching prawns. That was good fun.
p.s.
My old man gave up smoking in 1972 ish

Last edited by Len; 14-03-2004 at 12:52.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote