View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 13:16   #28
goldilox

Re: What a small world.

Hi Aussie Gobbiner
I work with the elderly and up until last August I ran a Lancashire County Council home for the elderly in Ossy, Peel Court on Haworth St (next to the theatre). Maybe your dad might have known some of the residents most of which came from the area. Sadly LCC have closed most of there residential homes and Peel Court was one of them.
Here are just a few - John Whitford, Robert (Bob) Fishwick, Jeannie Kerrigan (if he knowns any of these he will know her, she was originally from Scotland but sang and played in the local pubs. Rose Callender, Mary Duggan, Doris Barnes this lady told us when she was 18 she road a horse through the town naked (lady Gadiva),for a small fee,so im sure if you were around at the time thats somthing you wouldnt forget!!!.
Nice to met you
goldilox from Clayton le Moors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Gobbiner
This is me old dad... 83 years old this year, legally blind and still doing his woodwork. An old gobbin and WWII fighter pilot (Hurricanes) ... Born at 154 New Lane, Ossy, 1921.... Anyone recognise him.... Before immigrating to Australia he lived at Brown Cow Cottage, 21 Grove st, Wham Brook Cottage, Jack House, Hoyle Bottom, 3 Eagle St and finally at 56 Trinity St... he certainly got around!
goldilox is offline   Reply With Quote