View Single Post
Old 23-02-2008, 17:12   #1
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Last autumn I planned out my back garden and today I have started to see the fruits of my labours. Well my grandson’s actually.

Right in the centre there are some 40 daffodils in a tight circle surrounded by bunches of 5 different coloured crocuses and these are surrounded by a ring of some 200 snow drops.

Sadly only about 50 snowdrops poked their heads up so that sort of ruined the display a bit.

Over in the back right hand corner my personal bluebell wood is showing signs of life with a bunch of foreign bluebells at the apex of a triangle and over 100 bluebells filling up the remainder.

Alongside the back fence my grandson transplanted some orange flowers from the front and these too are showing signs of life.

The idea is that in about a month or so I will sow some red poppy seeds to form a “V” around the central display to make my own Remembrance Garden.

Alongside the fence on the left the Foxgloves have survived but I don’t think that the Hollyhocks and Lupins have managed to. But you never know there may be something underground just waiting for the warmer weather. I’ll have to re-sow them in April if not.

The rest of the garden will be sown with meadow flowers come April and the perimeter will sport things like the yellow poppy and antirrhinums.

Hopefully it will become birds and bees paradise. Now if only I could get “Stumpy” to sit still for a second.

Who’s “Stumpy”?

He or she is a squirrel with the left front leg either missing or not fully grown. It doesn’t stop it from scrambling up and down the face of the fences and trees though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 003a.jpg (241.9 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 002a.jpg (243.3 KB, 41 views)