View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 21:01   #32
blazey
God Member

Re: Hyndburn's Honeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Because Blazey, not every woman has achieved great things. Good that achievment of a good body can be celebrated .. as you so strongly have opinions on this.
Well obviously but not everybody has a good body either so that's a bit of a ridiculous argument against what I just said. At least if young girls so intelligent women in the paper they would have something to aspire to, but instead they're just seeing the local girls in bikinis.

I personally don't read the Observer any more, photographs were taking over the newspaper and there wasn't anything interesting to read any more. I don't quite understand why they don't have people writing articles for them about things not related specifically to Accrington and such, because it would be much more refreshing to read a newspaper with a bit of depth than seeing girls in their bikinis. Even the carnival queen poses in her bikini now, and when I was younger it was big posh dresses and wanting change in accrington, not about getting your kit off!

I just think the local newspaper in general has gone downhill, and this is not objecting to the girls in the newspaper, I think it's fine for a girl to do that if that is what she wants to do, but I just don't think its local newspaper material.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote