View Single Post
Old 20-05-2008, 17:41   #75
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Re: How Does Your Garden Grow?

Someone other than that obnoxious toe rag Aleks might just be interested to see how my garden is progressing. So here’s a picture of my bluebell corner.

Most of the English bluebells have come up and flowered. The first year after planting is never too good but next year it should look better. Once they have finished flowering and died back a bit I will thin them out and increase the area.

The foxgloves are looking more like Triffids day by day and one of the hollyhocks has survived and has started to grow up.

My sowing of the red poppy seeds wasn’t quite as distributive as I thought but nonetheless they too are showing signs of productive life even if they will be in myriads of clumps of them.

Unfortunately and in spite of nuking every blade of grass that came up, more has sprouted so I’m going to have to trim it back to ground level to give the seedlings a chance. That’s going to be tricky.

Overall it has been a worthwhile exercise and there are good signs that come the summer I will have achieved my objective, or at least most of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bluebells3.jpg (120.0 KB, 17 views)