View Single Post
Old 26-05-2004, 15:36   #19
Tealeaf
God Member

Re: Shafted Again By Government

The problem, John, is that the world has come to rely on the Americans, the British & the Australians to sort out it's problems...and the problem with that is that we're damed when we do and we're damed when we don't. I can think of half a dozen places that need sorting out right now...starting with Southern Rhodesia. Mugabe needs topping, and fast. Will it be done? I doubt it. That place was the bread basket of Africa until 5 years ago; now the place is in ruins and relying on hand-outs - blaming the UK and the US, of course.

Meanwhile - Spain - our "partner" in the EU - has unilaterally imposed a shipping ban on any cruise ship that has docked at Gib. They're up to Franco's old tricks and putting the pressure back on. Personally, I think we should retaliate by blowing every dodgy Spanish trawler sky-high out of the North Sea. I can't see them doing out myself; after all, after one incident in Madrid they changed government, threw in the towel and handed Bin Laden his biggest victory in Europe.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06855 seconds with 11 queries