View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 10:01   #73
Lolly
Senior Member+

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Hope her profits go down the gurgler.
PBWY
I'm sorry Margaret but I think this a bit harsh, it is not her fault that the pupils were in her shop. No she wasn't going to kick them out, why the hell should she?? She is trying to run a business at the end of the day.

Why did the teacher leave the school to go and tell the pupils off? If they dont want to get to school on time then tough! Its their own damn fault. The teacher should be back in school teaching the pupils that want to be there on time. People on this thread have been saying "Oh teachers have it hard enough as it is" well then make it easier for themselves and teach the eager and enthusiastic pupils.

I went to Rhyddings and I loved it. The teachers were great there, there was pupils that were late or didnt want to learn or be there, you're going to get that anywhere, always have and always will, but when I as there the teachers stayed in school and taught the ones that wanted teaching, i'm not saying they didnt try with them in class but the certainly wouldn't have gone running around Ossy looking for them.

As for the people who say "why are they in the butty shop, if the parents cant send them with a good enough breakfast" then I say to you that when I was at school I sometimes went to the butty shop before school. Why didnt my parents sort out a good enough breakfast?? Because I was 12 - 16 years old, 1) I could look after myself, I wasnt mollycoddled at that age and didnt want to be and 2) My parents worked bloody long shifts at work and most of the time didnt have the time to run after me in the morning, as they were going to work to earn money as Stacey in the butty shop is!!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote