View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 11:53   #81
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Well, I am sorry if you feel my reaction was harsh......but these children are thumbing their nose at the authority that is given to the teachers...they are acting 'in loco parentis'......which means that parents would expect them to know where their child was, because it was after the starting time for school....How can the teacher be in charge of a child who isn't even in the school building?

If I had been that teacher i would have marched those children(for that is what they are) to the heads office.
If I were the headmaster I would have phoned each of those childrens parent and asked them to pick them up from the school.....and the children would have been sent home.
Children like these, disrupt the learning of the children who DO want to learn.(and those maybe YOUR children).

Someone has to draw the line somwhere.
Do you think this is a good attitude to be setting for pupils who will eventually be in the job market....would they be allowed to get away with such discourteous and laksadaisical ways in commerce or industry.
The teacher was right to do what he/she did....and was maybe dispatched to the shop by the head teacher.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 04-07-2008 at 11:55. Reason: typo
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote