View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 17:45   #107
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think we all (as a community) have some responsibility to each other......this proprietor lives in the area of the school...she must know what time school starts....and while she has no responsibility to ensure the children are in class at the correct time, she didn't need to undermine the authority of the teacher in the way she did.
The message she is sending out to these children is that it is OK to break the rules.....and she is sanctioning that.

I am very disappointed to read this story in the Observer, because in a way they are justifying her actions by reporting it in the way they did.
And if a child got onto a bus near the school to go into Accrington should the driver question the child why s/he is not at school? No of course not. It is none of his business. Well the same applies to the butty shop owner. It’s not her place to question where a customer is supposed to be.

The wrong message was sent out by the teacher angrily bursting into the shop and s/he exceeded his/her authority. What that teacher should have done is had a quiet word with the shopkeeper and explain that her customers should be in school. No doubt the shopkeeper would probably have responded favourably.

If you go in spitting fire and brimstone don’t be surprised if that’s what you get back.