View Single Post
Old 25-07-2008, 17:12   #29
Eric
God Member

Re: Beyond The Call Of Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
To be fair, I dont think the poor lad will be bothered which one he gets, thankfully he came away with his life.

The lads shouldnt be there, not our war. Or until top brass can work out what the hells is doing anyway. How many times do our lads have to fight to win a town against the taliban, give it back to the 'normal' people, only to have to do it all again

Ludicrous
I don't know about the first part. Altho' no doubt thankful that he came away with his life, the VC is the VC ... it doesn't matter that the George Cross is given for the same selfless acts of bravery as is the VC, whatever the authorities say it is still not the Victoria Cross. Ok, he survived; but he didn't think of his own skin when he risked his life for his comrades ... he didn't analyse the situation, he just did it ... in uniform, in a war zone, and it was an enemy device; I mean, how much clearer can it get!

And on the second part I fully agree ... 88 Canadians have lost their lives in Kandahar Province, and the Taliban are still there, just as strong, and just as determined.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote