View Single Post
Old 25-07-2008, 18:36   #21
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Lunacy, Absolute Lunacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Another thing Derekgas .... have asked a couple of workmen recently (who did actually smoke), like the decorator, and asked if the householder would be allowed to smoke whilst he was in their house .. as this would become a place of work. They didn't appear to know, said did usually go out to their van to have a fag if the householder would not let them obviously, but you go into private property, so just wondered if you came to fix my boiler, could you ask me to refrain ? ... like the social workers who may call.
I’m not sure of the validity of this but it has been stated that if you are a smoker and you get a visit from a tradesman or official, you are supposed to refrain from smoking in your home three hours before the other person arrives.

It was also suggested, again without any verification, that whilst your home becomes a place of work no one is allowed to smoke anywhere in the house not just where the work is taking place. If you did then in theory the non smoking workman could phone the anti-smoking police and get them to come round and issue you with a fixed penalty notice.

Winston Smith how did you cope?