View Single Post
Old 29-07-2008, 16:44   #13
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Its here at last chaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
The nearest that I ever came to male cosmetics was in my teens when I used, what would probably be called hair gel today, Silvikrin hair stuff. It wasn’t as greasy as Brylcreme. I ended up just using plain water as it cost nothing and worked just as well for me. Still does.

Of course there was the make up for scout gang shows and for “Pirate’s Show” for orphans at our ports of call but that’s not quite the same is it. There was nothing quite like making a nine years old kid walk the plank at the point of a wooden sword. Not into shark infested waters, you understand but a paddling pool with a dummy shark.

There is only one way that I would ever wear some lippy and that is by transfer during an anatomical juxtaposition of two orbicular muscles in a state of contraction.
I used Brylcreme JB, in those good old days of short back and sides, the only time I've worn make-up was in my teens with St Mary's Amateurs, mind you I didn't mind coming home after a night out covered with lippy, when you woke up the morning after you knew you'd had a good night