View Single Post
Old 30-07-2008, 16:32   #69
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Hospital parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceten View Post
What I don't understand is this. If you are taking an able bodied person with you to do the shopping, and the badge holder doesn't get out of the car, then why do you need to use a disabled space? Surely if your not getting out of the car, then you don't need either to park near the entrance, or to be in a wider space to get out in you struggle or are in a wheelchair? So why not park in a normal space?

Or am I missing something here?
My point entirely forceten, I've held a disabled parking badge since 1985, and have always believed that this badge is for the convenience of the disabled person so as to enable them to access shops and buildings more easily by being able to park nearer to their destination, we're not talking rocket science here. If a disabled driver is going to say ASDA and parks in a space reserved for disabled drivers, then sits there whilst his/her able bodied passenger gets out and does the shopping, it's to say the least, bloody stupid and nobody is going to tell me any different. It is very rare I use my badge as I don't drive now, but I'm still entitled to use it on a relatives care if I need to. Even so when I attend The Royal I pay because its such a bind messing about trying to claim it back, I just can't be assed.