Thread: How Patriotic?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 20:03   #38
JohnW

Re: How Patriotic?

Ah AcrylicBob,

I have, sadly, to agree with you wholeheartedly. There was a time in the world, when all you had to do to get excellent service and respect abroad was to be British. Not any longer I fear, we are hated throughout Europe and much of the world. There was a time when you could make a telephone call from a public call box at any time of the day or night in complete safety. You are not safe trying to walk to the call box now and if you manage to reach it, all the glass will be smashed and the telephone will not be working because it will have been ripped out by its cord. Once in a while you would see a fight in a pub or nightclub. Now you can hardly find anywhere where there isn't a fight. We have been overtaken by the yob culture and it has ruined the country. America is supposed to be one of the most violent nations in the world with many people carrying guns etc. I work in the largest city (by landmass) in America and do not see hardly any mindless damage to property. I drive a convertible car and I leave it for hours in car parks with the top down and I have never returned to find the car damaged in any way. Can you imagine doing that anywhere in England? I have attended packed out professional sporting events (American Football and Baseball) and have never heard so much as anyone swearing never mind beating the crap out of each other. I don't know what has gone on to bring about this shameful turn of events, but until it is righted, our great old country is going further and further down the pan and is going to end up in the sewer. What a sad, sad end to a country which was, less than 100 years ago, the greatest country the world had ever known. I wonder how the men who died at the Somme and Normandy would feel had they known they had given their lives so that such unworthy decendants could live in comparative peace and wellbeing. It is a tragedy beyond words.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote