View Single Post
Old 17-06-2004, 16:48   #18
Doug
Member.

Re: Chuch Kirk Early 1960s

Hi,

No not really Simon/Tealelf….No problem though.

The elder couple are my Grand Parents Rachel and Thomas Douglas. The house is the backroom of 15 Canal Street. My Nan suffered from severe ulcerations (Sores). Very painful and restricting, she would have been 52 then.

Tommy died in 1969 from the big one (Park Drive - red packet). Rachel died some time around 1974, she moved to a flat up Dill Hall after Tommy died. I last saw then in 1968. I still miss then and I will always regret not saying goodbye.

Atarah…now you understand why.

Hi Mez,

Who is your dad…my dads driving both buses, but not at the same time (Darby/Simon),…My Dad was Alan Douglas.

Do you remember milkshakes in the Copper kettle…?

Hello Tealeaf,

I use to take my dad a Billy can of tea (remember them) down to that bus stop over road from the Thorn…I always remember it as being there.

Your right Simon real people that is why I have allowed myself to post them, these are real people who lived and died though many hardships but always had time for others…A very Accrington attitude…

I hope everybody enjoys these pictures. Maybe it time for us to see some others from around the town. What say you Atarah…Lets see how all lived.

Last edited by Doug; 17-06-2004 at 19:55.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote