View Single Post
Old 17-06-2004, 19:56   #138
Bagpuss
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: How Patriotic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baudelaire
No I'm not French, though I have spent some time there.

Supporting the England team is a good excuse for having a few beers, however I get a bit distrubed when people on this site start 'having a go' at the asian population every time the notion of patriotism rears its ugly head. I actually think that the vast majority of young asians will be behind the England team all the way. Do the millions of English living abroad suddenly start to support their host countries ? I think not.

Regarding the WW2 veterans, most of them would turn in their graves to think of the drunken bigotted antics of many of those who purport to honour them.
Lets get straight to the point, people like you make me sick, I am English I support England whatever the sport maybe, it is not an excuse for having a few beers it's because I want my country to be the best.

You say you actually think that the vast majority of young asians will be behind the England team all the way, well I say of course they should as they where probably born here. It's not the young ones that are the problem, aged 10 and below, it's the ones I saw wearing french shirts and the asian cars flying the french flag earlier this week.

The notion of patriotism is not ugly what is ugly are Politically Correct idiots like yourself who are more trouble to asians and English than as you say some drunken bigots.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote