View Single Post
Old 28-09-2008, 21:19   #32
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Do we need new rules in the photo competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
I dont think they should be changed - it is just a bit of fun.
people dont vote for pics that are good "technically" they vote for the idea behind a pic i suppose but that is good - it isnt an online art site - if it were then i would expect that people would improve their skills a little as some pics just wouldnt be accepted -
so yeah just a bit of fun!!
what i dont like is when pictures that are obviously not the poster's photos are uploaded i seem to remember one once being uploaded that had a watermark on it -which wouldnt have been there had it been their own photo but it was removed soon after.
if you enter a photo competition - even thought it is a bit of fun for gods sake at least take a photo lol
So pleased by your comments here Keetah, I have voted for your photos on many occasions to no avail, because they have been imaginative, truly beautiful and very professional. Thought you may have been insulted by some of the results, but happy to see that you are not ... 'tis usually the subject isn't it and how it relates to the voter?

Haven't voted yet (on the poll), as feel shouldn't be able to vote until all entries are in, but then we might miss a few votes, as only gives us 48 hours to cast a vote, and many people may not be available to do this.

Suppose the old cliche ... 'if not broken, why mend it?' ... so will probably vote to stay with the original formula that has worked for the past 51 comps.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote