View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 17:23   #1
derekgas
God Member

Taxi drivers - credentials.

Just seen on the news that the government want taxi drivers to take examinations to b-pec standards to prove they can drive a taxi!
The taxi drivers are up in arms about it, say it wont prove a thing, and costs £200 - £300 a time.
I am a qualified plumber, heating engineer and gas installer, I had to take b pec exams even though I was already qualified, and have to take them again every 5 years, plus any extra ones like Lpg, unvented, solar, gas analisis, etc etc, they all average £200 - £500 every 5 years, and I cant get my certificates (corgi etc) without them, electricians have similar to put up with, and there are plans to make all trades the same, so, is it a good thing or a bad one? To show how these bpec tests (in my opinion) dont make good or bad installers, the thread started by accylass about her boiler has photos that show that many 'qualified' people are not what they should be after 'qualifying' for thier certificates.

Last edited by derekgas; 06-10-2008 at 17:26.
derekgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web