View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 18:20   #101
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Accrington Stanley - Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Oh give me ****ing strength…..It’s a documentary of the realities of a belt and braces east lances football club, and regardless of individual sensibilities and our variance of what is and what is not acceptable behaviour this is the reality at the FES.

We only have a club because of Eric Whalley and the likes Messer’s Coleman, Bell and numerous others who put their lives into Accrington Stanley. Yes we the Fans are just as important in Stanley’s make up including us that don’t make it through the gates each week….

At the end of the day who amongst us don’t swear in our own environments, very few of us no doubt. Its real life telly, if it offends then there’s always a
t only be saying it; they’ll be doing it as well.

It takes brass bollocks to open the doors in the way they have and I would always prefer the Eric I saw last week to a total false one. And when coalley starts it’ll be like an x rated Brookside. Bring it on Lads, lets suck it and see…..
That's what I tried to say Doug !, and isn't it strange that it took a Granada Documentary to uncover the sensitivities of some of our contemporaries on the Forum?. I wouldn't have guessed that the odd flight of
invective would have stirred up such controversary in the breasts of dyed-in-the wool Stanleyites!.
In passing, and to underline my previous comments regarding the widespread use of Anglo-Saxonisms with sexual connotations across the entire Soccer scene, I noted, whilst watching a report of a Match on Skysports,a newly-arrived player from a lesser country in Darkest Africa using two of the more extreme examples of 'foul' language in response to a refereeing decision which went against him ( and not in Bantu either!), and it didn't take any well-trained lipreading skills to make out what he was saying !. The thought crossed my mind that seeing that the Referee chose to let the incident go without batting an eyelid, that this behaviour is so commonplace now in our game as to be almost acceptable !, and if you don't use this 'language of Football' then perhaps you are the odd one out!. Our Cairman, Manager and Players are part of this 'Culture'.The Clayton End Fans (berated elsewhere!) are part of this culture, and an important part as far as ensuring the ongoing survival of the Club, and all are under pressure to maintain the stereotype.
This being so, what we see, and hear at the FES on a Saturday afternoon can be quite easily understood.

Alfred.E. says 'Roll on Episode Two!'

'ON STANLEY!....ON !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote