View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:40   #197
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Accrington Stanley - Exactly

the problem with the programme was that it was supposedly about the running of a club and the hardships associated so I could understand that the fans aren't really part of that. But neither was Corinna's hen do or Cav's stag do.

they could have shown people like John Lowe who go up and help around the ground

they could have featured more of the Supporters Club and the efforts they make to try to help the club

they could have featured more on people like Jack Barratt and his infamous walk to Liverpool.

They were offered to film at the end of season presentation night, but though they were told proceedings started at 8pm we got a phone call at 8:15pm asking if we could delay the start until after 9pm when they could get there!

They attended meetings for the Exhibition and could have shown that a half dozen people were attempting to put on an event for the club and were spending many hours a week working towards that goal.

They could have shown more about the fans that do go to far flung games and the hardships associated with being one of only a few who have the time and money to do so.

On the face of things and taking the programme for what it was, a light hearted look at the smallest club in the football league, it was funny in parts and mostly entertaining. Even the wedding bits. But from the point of view that it could have done so much for us then it was crap.

I, like Harwood Red, took many phone calls and did several interviews as part of the 'research' into the programme. And I, like most of us, am disappointed that the fans perspective didn't come across.