View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 13:56   #75
Liam Smith
Junior Member+

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

The Football in the Community scheme is self funded - i.e the club pays nowt towards it (or shouldn't need to). There are grants available from hundreds of different sources (and the football league provide assistance with acquiring it) as long the purpose is community based. Quick example and by no means a 'should do' We could approach the Youth Offenders programme and ask them for a couple of thousand pound for some new inititiative that provides the little scallies with a worthwhile pursuit. Government department responsible for Young thugs then gives us five grand to buy some trackies and hoodies to give em while they paint our turnstiles. etc etc. We could put in for funding towards a sports hall for disabled children from the Sport For All Council, we could put in a bid for money from the Criminally challenged people for Acquainting Traveller children within the community, or what about the Diversity Forum that we championed and helped set up? that could be worth a few quid in terms of setting up some kind base from which to establish their teachings to multi culture? Pendle Red posted something earlier this year about the No Limits people putting some money into Rovers and Burnley and establishing some form of permanent business help venture at the respective stadiums. I know we have a business link with No Limits but have they been able to fund anything for us?
Can I just say that all of the above we are doing and have been doing for several months

Thanks,

Liam
Liam Smith is offline   Reply With Quote