View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 10:59   #21
emamum
Senior Member+

Re: Accringtons Christmas Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
did not go to the switch on,i think the lights are pathetic,but they put a good pyrotechnic show on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Poor old HBC, trying their best,

Actually, being a bah, humbug type of guy, I wonder, do we really need such frippery when they always threaten at the first short fall such actions as:-
job's are at risk!
Maybe, just, maybe, sense should prevail and instead of the expense of such lights we should, (for example), keep cleaners on the streets?

Yes, O.K. it's only Less thinking, what difference would keeping our streets clean make towards pretending we want our kiddies to be delighted with a mediocre display?

One cleaner on the street versus little coloured lights? Could I please have the cleaner until we can afford the lights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I absolutely agree with Less - the lights are a waste of our council tax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
How much?..............how many local traders would that subsidise in reduced rents?.....and they would probably put their own lights up.
there we go, to even it out... some complaining that they are not good enough and some complaining about the cost

for what its worth, Tyler thinks they are great, he likes walking through town after school when its dark so he can see the lights properly, he thinks the tree is cool cos its massive!! and he is impressed with the crib as well. Christmas lights are really for the kids, adults dont have the same awe at shiny lights as kids do.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote