View Single Post
Old 27-01-2009, 19:21   #76
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Recession List 2009!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

A situation I see only worsening when the new Tesco opens.

Some of this situation is down to the global financial crisis, and some of it is down to some lunatic planning desicions by the local powers that be.
The council should never have approved Planning Permission for this new Tesco .. as previously, would have thought the plans by Sainsburys opening into the Arndale Centre would have been a better bet.

'Course they are now deciding to open up the road in front of the Town Hall to allow better access to Tesco; probably part of the million pound 'bribe' !

Hyndburn news from the Lancashire Telegraph
/4077520.Plans_to_reopen_pedestrianised_Accrington_ street_to_traffic/

and exit from the new proposed square, where the old bus station will be shortly. I actually approve of the bus station moving to Crawshaw Street, and think the new square will be an asset to the town .. you have an opportunity to express your views on this:

Have your say on Square plans - News - Accrington Observer

Which lunatic planning decisions were you referring to Garinda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You can't see my stall from there either, which probably explains why I haven't had a royal visit from you yet
I think your advert may have put Garinda off Lancsdave ... probably thinks 'mug prints' will be a Dingles imprint on his face ... LOL.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web