View Single Post
Old 13-02-2009, 16:23   #102
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Can Jaysay or Andrew please answer this question please?

Why can residents of Hyndburn not ask questions at meetings of the Hyndburn Borough Council's Cabinet, unlike at the meetings of Cabinet at Blackburn with Darwen and Pendle Councils?
This is a link to Pendle's website
Pendle Borough Council - Speaking at Committee Meetings - How to have your say at Council Committee Meetings

Peter Britcliffe claims to be democratic. but he does not allow questions from residents and only allows questions (or comments) from non Conservative party members if he thinks the the opinions expressed will be in agreement with his own.

I appreciate that residents can speak at meetings of Area Council, but these meetings are regarded by many residents as 'talking shops' with all the decisions arrived at by the elected members prior tot he meeting.
I haven't been to a council meeting for 15 years when they became a farce when Slynn and co had already made the decisions and just used council as a rubber tamping forum. I have had very little political contact, save occasionally at election times and have had no input into the last two in any shape or form. I can also say that I have not seen PB (I have spoken to him by phone very occasionally) since Mayday 2007 when he popped into see me with his daughter. I haven't a clue what goes on a council meets because to be quite honest I don't give a stuff, I did my bit for forty years starting when I was 16 not 60, is that plain enough for you