View Single Post
Old 13-02-2009, 21:06   #111
Royboy39
God Member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Your reply is very interesting, I have spoken to Councillors on other councils, where they do allow questions from the public at Cabinet meetings, and their feedback has been very positive. As non Cabinet members are only very rarely allowed to speak at Cabinet meetings and then only if PB thinks the views expressed will be in accordance with is, I fail to see how having the public speak would give an opportunity to try and trip the Conservatives up. You appear to be presuming only non Conservative residents would ask questions.

You do live in very 'enclosed' little world don't you, where everyone communicates by email and would feel confident at knowing how to submit a Freedom of Information request. Surely it is more sensible for them to be able to question the relevant portfolio holder about any issues they have concerning the borough. I have seen Peter Britcliffe face hostile questioning, when he turned up at a Church and Milnshaw Area Council, because he didn't like the questions he was asked he told the residents present that they were rude. Definitely the way to win friends and influence people.

Surely debate is good, if it is stifled (as in most cases it is at meetings of Hyndburn Cabinet) then it becomes a dictatorship. In the case of the current Leader of the Council (who is a control freak) a Fascist dictatorship.
That is very heartfelt and focused post.
Why has this situation been allowed to develope and why should one person be in control....I always understood, and now it seems that I am wrong, That in a small community that Hydburn is, The Council does not appear to be in control.
I think the word 'Cabinet' has always been associated to the real one that has existed for many years and I agree with that.
I have the choice of voting for that and still do at national level.
When I lived in Church, if did you not agree with your local representative you would stop him or her in the street and let your feelings be known, may not have been taken on board but still had the chance and the right.
I would not vote for GB and his current bunch of numpties but if I still lived in Church I would vote to get 'El Controlo' out.

I know he does not represent Church, but you know what I mean.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote