View Single Post
Old 13-02-2009, 20:35   #112
claytonender

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
That is very heartfelt and focused post.
Why has this situation been allowed to develope and why should one person be in control....I always understood, and now it seems that I am wrong, That in a small community that Hyndburn is, The Council does not appear to be in control.
I think the word 'Cabinet' has always been associated to the real one that has existed for many years and I agree with that.
I have the choice of voting for that and still do at national level.
When I lived in Church, if did you not agree with your local representative you would stop him or her in the street and let your feelings be known, may not have been taken on board but still had the chance and the right.
I would not vote for GB and his current bunch of numpties but if I still lived in Church I would vote to get 'El Controlo' out.

I know he does not represent Church, but you know what I mean.
I would hope that the people of the Church ward, which I have privilege of being the councillor, feel that they can stop me and tell me if they don't agree with me. I will certainly listen to anyone's views and do my best to help them (if it is in my remit to do so) or if I can't help them directly, I will try to point them in the right direction to get more help and advice.

I was elected to represent everyone in the ward not just those who voted for me.

It is difficult when many of the problems of the borough are ignored by the Leader of the Council and many important decisions are taken to gain political advantage, rather than for the benefit of the people with most need.

There is a maxim - 'All power corrupts - absolute power corrupts absolutely' and unfortunately we have now reached the point in Hyndburn where this is very true.

Money (not to mention officer's time) has been wasted on one hare brained scheme after another. In the last 2 years first we had the attempt to change the name of the borough (which needed a 2/3 majority of councillors to agree too). Then when that failed we had the attempt to create a Town Council in Great Harwood - (which considering so few people had voted in the ill fated consultation in April/May 2008 ) was another expensive exercise.

Then we had the Area Council Calendars paid for by the council tax payer.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote