View Single Post
Old 13-02-2009, 21:10   #113
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
That is very heartfelt and focused post.
Why has this situation been allowed to develope and why should one person be in control....I always understood, and now it seems that I am wrong, That in a small community that Hydburn is, The Council does not appear to be in control.
I think the word 'Cabinet' has always been associated to the real one that has existed for many years and I agree with that.
I have the choice of voting for that and still do at national level.
When I lived in Church, if did you not agree with your local representative you would stop him or her in the street and let your feelings be known, may not have been taken on board but still had the chance and the right.
I would not vote for GB and his current bunch of numpties but if I still lived in Church I would vote to get 'El Controlo' out.

I know he does not represent Church, but you know what I mean.
Well I must say I'm shocked at that post, and you've gained my respect for making it.

As you now see there is very little chance for cross party co-operation, with councillors working for the benefit of the borough, when so many people are forced into silence.

I've mentioned before I've lived in the most expensive borough in England, which offered appalling services, and also the borough with the lowest local tax, which was an excellent place to live.

Living in Hyndburn seems akin to living under a dictatorship.

We've had one hare brained scheme after another, all of which would have been very costly, and all of which would have brought no discernible benefits to the people of Hyndburn. Thankfully through public opposition these ideas have been forced off the agenda.

Sadly ego is king at Hynburn Borough Council, and with people being denied a voice, the future looks bleak if this is allowed to continue.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote