View Single Post
Old 14-02-2009, 14:33   #1
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I'd rather this was in anything goes!

I would like to draw members attention to something that I and they may consider unwarranted censorship, as the title say's I would rather this was posted in anything goes but I really do consider it to be of high priority and very important information that should be shared with all of you.

To begin with as many of you know Roy the owner of accyweb is my son, unlike most of you I have many ways of getting in touch with him and letting him know if I consider something to be wrong,.

This is an advantage I don't use, I have always been an irritable member no matter who I am talking to.

The sad fact is I had two choices,

1/ get in touch with Roy and have this swept under the carpet.

or

2/ tell the other members.

I am choosing method number 2/.

I am sure Roy doesn't know this is going on, he hates the rules we already have and is dead set against most forms of censorship.

o.k. now to the problem.

Below is a link to a post I made,

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/679170-post12.html

If you would be so kind have a look at it, notice that it has been edited,

This line is what I am referring to:-
Quote:
Of course, while you were away things on accyweb can and have changed, obviously for the worse, because we no longer have your expertise and wisdom.
It is completely different to how it used to read,

my version was similar to this:-

Quote:
Of course, while you were away things on accyweb can and have changed, obviously for the worse, because we no longer have your expertise and wisdom as a moderator.
Can I ask, why would such a modification be made?

Anyone of us can search through the archives and find references to this member being a moderator at one time so I am not lying it is a statement of fact.

This is a genuine and truthful statement and has been modified to suit who?

It doesn't suit Roy, such censorship on a regular basis would bring the site into disrepute, it surely doesn't suit the actual member I was referring to because it is a fact of History, he was a moderator!

It doesn't suit the rest of the members because if this is happening to me,(and it's very easy to miss the edited by, at the bottom of a thread), how many more is this moderator effecting?

To adjust my posts because I use foul language, to delete a post because it's an absolute lie or insulting to another member, that is why we have moderation.

But please explain why, mentioning that someone is an ex mod, surely people have the right to know who they are dealing with, I don't think, kipax/K-P has anything to be ashamed of, so why have we got someone on staff prepared to hide things from other members.

If anyone else has since I've mentioned this found a similar experience, please P.M. me, I will ensure that sensible examples get directly to where they will be dealt with.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web