View Single Post
Old 26-02-2009, 16:17   #122
beejay

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
No I dont think Nosmo Kings where pre Jay Turner Four. The only connection as I can remember may have been Noel Smith (drummer with the Jay Turner Four) whom I think at one time did play for the Nosmo Kings. The Nosmo Kings if I remember correctly where managed for most of the time by Lennie Herbert from Great Harwood, who regular had them on at the Mercer Hall and can remember them supporting a Lennie Herbert promotion with headliners Nero & The Gladiators. Also the lead singer with the Nosmos(for a long number of years was very pally with the jay Turner Four and I think he did one or two guest spots, so I can see where there maybe a little confusion.

The Vidors became the Dynamites, The Dynamites became the Jay Turner Four, The Jay Turner Four became the James Turner Four and the James Turner Four became Second Time Around. This band spanned (the band spanned over 20 plus years with varying members) but the long term main players where: Gerard Navin (lead) John Tillotson (Bass) Ronnie Green (Rhythm & Vocals) Noel Smith (Drums) Vocalist: The late James Turner, The late Billy Kerr. also: John Turner Drums

Beejay (Agent/Manager)
The guy I'm thinking of who was lead vocals and brilliant with Nosmo's was Pete Hibbert and the group which where pre Nosmos was Mark Day & The Nights managed by Lennie Herbert.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote