View Single Post
Old 13-07-2004, 10:32   #11
Doug
Member.

Re: Campaign To Keep The Arndale Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Maybe this thread is in the wrong place?

I am dissapointed that there hasn't been a whole load of responses to this. I would have thought this kind of thing is exactly what accyweb community could get there teeth into. something we can make a difference with . I think its an excellent suggestion by Atarah ..
I do agree with you KIPAX, I think the original idea was an attempt to get the local community involved in a local issue that can end positively for once.

However, and risking increased criticism - from my prospective, being out of town limits the input I can give to this situation and also more importantly for me….I think the B***** thing is horrendous. It doesn’t even have a heritage value for me dating from the late 80s as opposed to some of the historic buildings that are under constant threat of irreversible change or destruction…

My biggest problem is I want to support Atarah as an individual in this endeavour, which means that I going to make myself look a little two faced (in the contradictory sense) by supporting the cause.

Doug is offline   Reply With Quote