View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 13:26   #453
Bernard Dawson
Senior Member+

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I actually just walked past the place on the street on my way to the tube and then went back on my way home.

London is full of cheap places to eat.

As for places to stay, the colleges and universities with accommodation often allow you to pay to stay in their rooms, which is cheaper than a hotel and good quality.

I find it quite rich that people are quite willing to justify a politicians taste in accommodation and food but the moment they book a holiday to the bahamas for a fortnight or have their hair cut there is an uproar.

I don't pay much tax, so it isn't my money that is currently being wasted on these politicians.

My friends at university went down to downing street the other week and have been completely disillusioned about national politics. None of the politicians they met there cared about the north, or the other students they met from the more prominent universities. We're going to have generations of career politicians and they aren't going to give a damn about you unless you suddenly stop paying your taxes.

You should be encouraging people like Andrew to take an interest in politics, because he's the minority and he's the only chance you have actually got at improvement unless you're willing to improve things for yourselves.

Shoot him for being a student politician and you'll be shooting yourselves in the foot.

I on the other hand will continue with my own education and if that makes me mindless, well fair enough, but at least I'm trying to make things better for myself and getting on with it, which is more than can be said for a lot of people my age, most of them ruining your town, stealing from you, impregnating your daughters and generally dragging it deeper into the gutter.

I think its good that young people get involved in politics, irrespective of their beliefs. It ought to be encouraged, not discouraged.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote