View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 18:53   #3
Eric
God Member

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
In the light of recent events where a fanatical bunch of no-marks have barracked our troops during a welcome home parade at Luton, is it not time that we re-evaluated our supposedly tolerant approach to the policies of multicultereralism that recent governments have hammered us with.
I gave this some thought when reading the thread about the protesters in Luton ... without going into too much detail, I don't think that multi-culturalism will work all that well in England ... (this is an outsider's point of view, I might add) ... it works in Canada, because all of us here, apart from the First Nations are from somewhere else; and it works in the US for the same reasons ... President Obama, QED. But in England, about 90% or so of the population are English, and have been for centuries ... In a sense, they are First Nations; and I think that for many, immigrants will always be seen as intruders ... unless, of course, they come to England to be English. In another thread, Cashman mentioned that you don't go to another country, Canada for example, in order to remain English. If you go to a country that is willing to adopt you, then, it only makes sense that you adopt that country as your own, warts and all.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote