View Single Post
Old 17-03-2009, 16:03   #89
blazey
God Member

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

I'd be saddened if we started purging multi-culturalism from britain. It has provided me with a fascinating education and I still ensure I get to study many cultures during my degree even though I don't have to study anything but English law if I don't want to.

I have many friends from all over the world, particular EU member states but some from outside the EU too and I go to a University with a vast variety of cultural links with some extremely intelligent students and lecturers coming on exchange and placement to bring some of their experiences and knowledge to the University. One of the most popular departments at Lancaster University is the Management School which is consistently ranked one of the top 5 in the world and its a brilliant talking point for students of all disciplines as it runs a lot of extra-curricular modules taught by various lecturers from all over the globe about current global-business issues, which provide the commercial awareness which is necessary for ALL graduate jobs.

I would lose some amazing lecturers if we lost the cultures and I'd lose a lot of brilliant friends. If I wanted to live under fascist governance I'd vote for the BNP. Fortunately I have some sense, if not much according to some people.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote