View Single Post
Old 18-03-2009, 13:13   #61
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Is it? After all, as you said, they're only human. With over fifty-thousand United fans calling for your blood, I don't suppose any amount of experience would help there.
No doubt that there has been the odd ref who has been influenced by crowd and player behaviour but stating that there is a trend suggests that it is every ref and that is not the case. Except it is to those who dislike Man U on principle and because their mates dislike them. They will say anything to vent their wrath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
For the record, I don't believe that the refs are crooked or biased. There is a trend of statistics that show how Manchester United are more likely to have a decision go in their favour when playing at home. My opinion on the reasons for that trend is that some refs are likely to buck under pressure from fans and/or big characters on and off the field.
Now which is it? You are not biased or you are. Make your mind up.

If you are not biased how can you countenance the myth that Man U are more likely to get a decision in their favour when playing at home? Believing that is bias against Man U.