View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 20:49   #16
The Local Gazette
Junior Member+

Re: Hi Everyone - can I pick your brains?

Great ideas so far. Hadn't thought of the training or schools ideas and also getting the local MP or councillors for that matter to write a column could be good too.

Shillelagh, would it be possible to get the copy of the BB5 guide from you? I'll happily send you a SAE. I had heard that it wasn't all that good but I'd still like to see it.

I'll also try and get hold of a copy of the Herald. I thought that was mainly Whalley, Clitheroe and Padiham area but if it's getting as far as Clayton-Le-Moors I reckon I need to consider it as competition!

As for the Citizen, we won't be weekly, probably monthly instead and again, it seems to be getting more like the Observer and covering a huge area. The idea behind mine is to be very local. We hope that local businesses would want to advertise with us for just that reason. In time we hope that the Gazette would be one of the first places people would look for local tradesmen - who might also like to offer discounts through the magazine? Coupled with the website it will be a great opportunity for businesses to get their message out there. Why go to all the expense of printing flyers and getting them delivered when they could have an ad with us for less money?

Thanks again for all the ideas. My list is growing longer but the more the merrier so please keep them coming. Also, if anyone would be interested in submitting any articles etc please do let me know. There's no point in re-inventing the wheel and there must be loads of you out there with tons to say!

Thanks.
Matilda.