View Single Post
Old 14-04-2009, 14:03   #1
Will_Barras
Junior Member+

Local Accrington Accent Research

Hi
I am working on a research project on variation in East Lancashire accents, and am looking for 4 people from Accrington or nearby (Oswaldtwistle etc) who would be willing to be interviewed for this research. I asked here a few months ago and had some excellent and really helpful interviews, so I'm really hoping to be able to find a few more volunteers to help me to finish my project!

The interview can be done individually, or even better with a pair of friends or relatives who can discuss their local town and what it's like to live there. There is also a list of words and sentences to read out, which allows me to compare how the same word is said in different places. Although I call it an "interview" it's more of an informal chat. This can take up to about an hour (with an extra 10-15 minutes for the individual reading list) although you're welcome to talk for longer if you want to!

For this part of the research, I need to find 2 female volunteers aged 60+ and 2 female volunteers aged about 18-30. I can arrange the interviews either during the day or in the evenings to suit, and I'd be incredibly grateful for any help you're able to give me.

You can read more information about my research on this page: Will Barras | Research | Lancashire Rhoticity Research Project. If you think you might be able to help then you can contact me by sending me a message on this forum; there are also contact details on the webpage linked to above.

Thanks in advance,
Will
Will_Barras is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web