View Single Post
Old 14-04-2009, 23:11   #109
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
funny how times change, the police stopped me on blackburn rd early 80s n threatened to prosecute me fer having a brake light out in me taxi, even followed me to the garage were tesco express now is on manchester rd till i bought a bulb, of course 90% of the drivers were english then, wonder why things have changed.
Can still happen Cashy ... have the authority not to allow you to proceed until new light installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
pcso's can now give tickets for parking offences and in some areas have taken over from or work alongside traffic wardens

i know this coz i got two cars booked by a pcso over yorkshire when they were blocking an exit to teh apartment complex entrance

Think it is just an experiment in certain areas so far with PCSO's who have been given the power to issue parking tickets ... however, they will be still sub-contracted to the Local Authority to that area .. not the Police Authority.

Also, the police can move in in these circumstances, as (I think) may come under a criminal offence if no restrictions on the road ...sort of trespassing.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote