View Single Post
Old 26-04-2009, 08:03   #272
Redraine
Resting in Peace

Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
I agree with TM. I think Mullin's return would be a serious backward step. Let's face it, it was only after he went that we started to put a few results together.Thanks, Paul, for everything, but it's time for the club to move on.
You are pretty shrewd for an old git, Stan - and the Bradford fans know a thing or two also, as per this typical comment on their forum:-

"Yes, no more big useless target men like Conlon and Mullin thank you very much, if you are staying Stuart

I got slaughtered on here by Northern and Northern Monkey after I criticised Mullin after his first game for us and for dare suggesting that the decision to bring him in would prove fatal to our play-off chances..I dont know what the thinking was for bringing him in as a like-for-like replacement for Conlon, but its plain to see the difference in style of play when we have started games without those two is staggering and we look a very good team at this level when we keep it on the 'deck'

I really hope Stuart stays and learns from this and re-builds a hungry, younger team worthy of our support next season"

Last edited by Redraine; 26-04-2009 at 08:04. Reason: quotes in wrong place
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote