View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 22:47   #213
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
It was not a penalty and we all know it and now the ref also knows it. I have always been against video replay but with the speed of the game today plus all of the "diving", I,m changing my thoughts. There are cameras from almost every angle in the big games and an official would be able to determine in seconds just what happened and relay it to the ref. It happens in most other professional team sports so why not football. I know that every game couldn,t be covered but it should start somewhere and maybe eventually work down to the lower divisions.
We are all so clever with the benefit of hindsight and multiple video replays but you are ignoring the simple fact that a ref can only make a judgement on what he sees or the assistant referee makes him aware of.

You are also ignoring the handful of whatshisname’s shirt that Fletcher had hold of pulling the Arsenal player back. That alone was worthy of a penalty so what followed is completely irrelevant.

By the way, if you haven’t guessed already, I’m a Man U fan.