View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 11:50   #215
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Of course you are you JB, don't live in Manchester
I have been a fan of Manchester United ever since I saw the Busby Babes in action all those years ago. That was before Football League matches were live on TV. In other words I was on the Old Trafford terraces whenever leave from the Royal Navy coincided with Man U playing at home, until family commitments didn’t justify the expense involved in attending Old Trafford.

I also have a soft spot for Accrington Stanley and attend the occasional home match, yet I live in Darwen now and Blackburn before. Does that mean that I should not go and watch Stanley because I don’t live in Accrington?

I have searched high and low to find some rule or law that states a person must support the football team of the town where he lives. I have found no such edict.

So what is your infantile point?

Oh! I get it! You were trying to be ‘clever’ and failed miserably.

Commiserations to Chelsea. Losing the tie in the last few seconds is hard to take.

So once again it is up to Manchester United to fly the flag for England in Europe.

Good luck to both teams in the final and let’s hope that regardless of the result, the real winner will be football.