Thread: Power - Karma
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 20:19   #105
West Ender
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: Power - Karma

For what it's worth, I think anyone who stops posting for any other reason than boredom is taking things far too seriously.

I am often amused by the spats, sometimes downright arguments, that go on. I watch people sniping at each other, who would never do so if they met in person. I read posts that I know are written from the "safe" position of an anonymous keyboard, so safe you can be supercillious, condescending, malicious or vindictive and you won't get a black eye.

If someone says something I think is wrong I may tell them so or I may ignore it. I've been angered a couple of times, by crassness and/or bigotry, but that's rare and it hasn't stopped me posting. I've been apalled at Blazey's youthful arrogance, more than once, but her woeful lapses in grammar (yes, our very own uni student - ooh, standards have slipped) have tempered my indignation and I've tried to remember that she is young and full of her own (exaggerated) importance and that, one day, someone will cut her down to size face to face so it's not worth any angst on my part.

I give karma when I remember. I will not take it away, nor will I ever report a post. This website is fun and shouldn't be taken as a substitute for real life.