View Single Post
Old 27-06-2009, 18:32   #14
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: 4th Veteran’s Day – Saturday 27th June

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzypostie View Post
We were there, it was nice to see the good turnout aswell as the huge round of applause for the vetrans.

I dont know if its me just not liking peter britcliffe but he has to get everywhere where there is a camera, well done gail he must of missed you!

Can you explain to me why the reef had to be emblazoned with the conservative logo in the middle, i didn't I like it especially when you have peter there in all his glory! i feel there was no need.

**** my wife said he could of polished his shoes they were filthy lol
Not my normal position, defending Peter Britcliffe (), but as far as I'm aware, he and other Oswaldtwistle councillors were instrumental in the refurbishing of the War Memorial, and the organisation of the rededication, and I'd have been more shocked if they weren't there. Though I agree about using a wreath to promote any political party is a bit iffy, in my opinion.

I do think it looks great, and we're lucky to have one of the most beautiful war memorials in the country.

As it is for many other people, the place is very special to my family. For my mum, growing up without a dad, who'd been killed in Normandy aged 22, just months before she was born, it is the nearest thing she had/has to a grave to visit.

My grandfather's great grandson was very proud to march with the cubs, in today's rededication procession.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote