View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 05:30   #1
Deborah
Junior Member+

Haworths in Accrington area?

Hello. My grandmother Jenny Haworth was born to John George Haworth and Margaret Ann Stones. She was born 31st August 1907, Nelson St, Accrington. She married Worthy Daw 1929 in Haslingden and had 3 children . Her first Geoff was born Percival St in Ac crington 1930, Shiela in 1934 Burnley St, Accrington. Nans mum died 6 October 1923 at 102 Wellington St, Accrington of heart failure. Nan went to live at Red Lion pub in Green Haworth where apparently her grandfather was proprietor .. he was called Broughton Haworth. John George Haworth her father was one of the Accrington Pals. he was injured in Battle of Somme. After his wife died he remarried a Rosy from Waterfoot and had other children. My nan, and her two sisters .. Florence and Gladys .. lived with him for awhile but moved out as soon as they could. I would love to make contact with any of her step brothers and sisters and their children? They would be under name of Haworth ..and his name was John George Haworth? It would be lovely. Nana died aged 97 and her ashes scattered on her sons property here in australia and her youngest sister Gladys died only in last two months and i believed she stayed in Accrington area all her life .. last name of Bracewell i believe. Anyway would LOVE to make contact with anyone. Debs
Deborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web