View Single Post
Old 28-07-2004, 23:56   #1
Shep

Railway At Full Steam

Hi to all who made the trip across the county lines for tonight's pre-season friendly. A lovely bunch of people from the few of you I had the chance to talk to. Kipax Apparently I'd just missed you at half-time you'd gone for a pie or something. But you'd talked to one of the Barmy Army so I new who you were, hope you got some good piccies.

We at The Rail are ecstatic at how we equipped ourselves against a strong Stanley outfit. If we can perform like that against you just think what we can do in the NCEL Premier Division this season. Expectations are high and we feel we can raise a few eyebrows this season.

One or two questions for my match report.
No7 was that Blake Naughton? The No7 looked class and was a constant threat if you'd have had a target man he would have slaughtered us. The No2 Paul Howarth? looked very comfortable on the ball and got forward on a number of occasions. Damian Hindle nicknamed Sherk by our junior support took his goal well shooting into the roof of the Rail Goal but should have contributed more to the scoreline. Lutel James is a quality player and finished well after a poor defensive clearance saw Stanley straight back at us. Pluses from Railway were Blackstone (Railway Barmy Army Man of the Match) should have opened the scoring on 10 minutes when he chipped the keeper just going wide of the post. He put amends to that by equalising on 26 mins with a clinical strike. Charlie B at the back and Captain tonight in the absence of Fireman Damian Henderson was awesome and made several majour contributions to the game. Des McCorisson massive in midfield, Bairstow's work rate at the back was superb. Ryan Haigh put in another brilliant performance, all around the pitch there were great achievers and we can't wait for the season to begin.
Please confirm the players mentioned so I can get a report into Thursday nights Yorkshire evening post. Thanks again to all that travelled to Yorkshire and we wish Accrington Stanley all the best for the coming season.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web