Thread: r. biggs.
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 23:41   #8
Eric
God Member

Re: r. biggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Makes me wonder if folks had been related to the poor bloke whos life was ruined would they feel differently? Sure he wasn't killed but his quality of life was taken away, not so sure whether the perpetrators were bothered/or would be bothered either way. He only came back here to take advantage of our NHS, maybe I would feel a bit sorry for his plight if he had shown some remorse.
Hear what you are saying hon, but, what did they get 35yrs? ..... can't remember exactly, but it was serious time .... don't know what the sentences are like in England, but, in Canada murder gets you 25 before eligibility for parole ... and with good behaviour, and a little remorse in front of the parole board, you are back on the street .... and if the perps had been preparing for real confrontation they surely would have been packing ..... I do think that those who commit high profile crimes tend to get the proverbial book tossed at them, while those who commit a low key, but perhaps more violent crime get away with less. Somehow this doesn't go along with the blindfold justice wears .... I guess if you commit a crime that rates a movie, you are screwed if you get caught.

I'm not climbing on a soapbox here .... just a few random thoughts. Time to move on to other things.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote