Thread: r. biggs.
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 22:37   #40
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: r. biggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
He never served, or attempted to serve the sentance, and never showed any remorse afterwards, which some of the others who did serve the time did.
The longest sentence any of them served was ten years. Meaning that Biggs could have been freed by the mid seventies, if he'd have knuckled down, served his sentence, and shown the slightest remorse.

I'll mention again that as recently as a few months ago he said in an interview he felt no remorse, and that by not doing so it somehow added to his noteriety.

You do the crime, and you do the time, if that's how you chose to live your life.

I think they were probably lucky. People have died from less severe attacks than being coshed on the head with an iron bar. A few years earlier, and only down to luck that the train driver didn't die, they could have been facing the gallows.

We all have to live with the consequences of our actions.

For those unwilling to work decently and legally, providing for their families, and for society in general, via the paying of tax to fund the welfare system, they must face the consequences that crime doesn't always pay.

Although the tax other people have paid will provide the medical care to prolong your life when you're ill, and you've spent all the proceeds of your criminal career.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote