Thread: r. biggs.
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 17:52   #58
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: r. biggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
nowt to be suprised about rindy, if someone tried to rob me or mine, i know fer fact i would have a go, as i have in the past, if it was some firms money stuff it, i didn't have a go cos i'm brave or owt like that, i had a go cos cos me head went which is stupid. and to liken it to the millions who had a go in the war i think is pathetic, not even close to reality, expected better from you.
The vast majority of people don't know how they'd react under a stressful situation, such as a violent robbery.

I applaud your self control, only defending your own personal posessions, rather than those of someone who employed you.

The vast majority of people, given a split second to make a decision, will act on instinct, irrespective of whose goods they are defending.

This train driver was going about his lawful business, and he stood up to these criminal bullies, and was injured because of it.

To me it's more pathetic to crassly label him a 'fool' for doing what he did.

In most people's opinion, at least in this thread it seems, a more suitable label for him would be a 'have a go hero'.

Certainly the label suits him better, than ever could be said of Ronnie Biggs.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote