View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 08:32   #18
Haggis316
Senior Member+

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Found this on Football Blog

"Reply 7. Snarklife Wrote: | 21.57BST | Sep 5, 2009
Off topic, but there was a really touching call just now on 606 from a top nob at Accrington Stanley - who desperately need to feed the taxman 308,000 pound coins before Saturday 24th October 2009 or they'll be consigned to the dustbin of footballing history.

I grew up with *that* milk ad and was really pleased when AS gained promotion to the 'big leagues' a few years back. I know it's an obvious observation, but £308,000 is probably what Man City pay their benchwarmers every week - it's literally nothing when you think about Premiership cashflow.

So I've just donated a tenner and I really hope everyone who visits this great blog will do too (Harry, you seem like the kind of chap who'd be behind this campaign, so hope you don't mind this post). And, when I sit in the West Stand Upper for the Man U game (borrowed ticket), I'll try and get the chap next to me to donate his Rolex.

Us yids understand the real value of football, don't we? And I think we can relate to some of the crushing emotions AS fans must be going through right now. So visit the link below and make a donation now. They accept payments by post, phone, SMS, Paypal and direct bank transfer - so it's dead easy to do.

Cheers and BIOYC!

LINK

Robin in Oxford

Reply 8. onedavemackay Wrote: | 23.44BST | Sep 5, 2009
Reply to Snarklife:

Off topic, but there was a really touching call just now on 606 from a top nob at Accrington Stanley - who desperately need to feed the taxman 308,000 pound coins before Saturday 24th October 2009 or they'll be consigned to the dustbin of footballing history.

I grew up with *that* milk...

Good shout

I've donated a tenner from Lady onedave's paypal"

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote