Thread: Milk
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 11:04   #1
MargaretR
God Member

Milk

I posted this in the 'doorstep deliveries' thread, but then realised that it was in the 'Oswaldtwistle' section, so might not be noticed - so I have made a thread for it here.

I have cancelled milk deliveries.
The delivery service was impeccable, and the whole raw milk was delicious.
The reason? - I found this lecture

http://video.google.com/googleplayer...52245997479572

Since consuming 5 pints of this delicous milk per week, I have had a recurrance of my chronic diarrhoea.

This lecture is rather long - 1hr 20 mins
If you dont have the time to watch all of it, just start to look at 40mins in where there is a list of all the common medical problems caused or aggravated by consumption of dairy products.
The part of the lecture before 40mins is very a technical explanation of the digestion of dairy products.

I hope that by eliminating dairy products I will alleviate my
fatigue
diarrhoea
breathing difficulties

Other medical problems mentioned
cataracts
infertility
asthma
diabetes
rheumatoid arthritis
..............to name just a few.

So if you have health problems it might be worth watching all this video lecture, and maybe having a test period of eliminating dairy products might be worthwhile, in order to decide what is best for you.
I will need to eat more green veg, grains, beans and legumes, to get enough calcium. Calcium is the only good thing that milk provides.

There is a section which discusses soy milk, and says that it is better than cows milk.
I disagree- because it disrupts your hormones, so I consider it the lesser of 2 evils.

To make an informed decision you need to be informed.
That is why I have posted this - you need to decide for yourself - take responsibily for your own health.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web